Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Life of Abby

Im assuming most of my readers have faded & gone because I haven't posted in so long. Im sorry! Im getting back into it. I promise.
My life has been oh so busy. With school starting & my season really kicking off, I have been swamped. Another reaason why I havent been writing as frequently, Im assuming, is because I finally got into journal writing! I am so happy to say that I keep a journal & write in it everyday. Does my mom know about this journal? No. So yes, I've kept it on the DL (down low).
Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that I really miss my older sister, Brooklyn. She's having the time of her life at college up in Provo at BYU & I wish I could see her more than anything. I don't know if I mentioned before, but I moved into her bedroom! I finally have my own space. I've waited 15 years for this day, & now its finally here. I am soaking it up!
Hmmm. What else is new? Oh yeah! Cross Country. Its taking over my life. No wait...it HAS taken over my life! I go to bed between 8:30 & 9 every night, because I have to wake up at 5am for morning practices--EVERYDAY! Its killer. We don't get any days off. Its getting cooler though, so I think we'll be able to do more of our workouts in the afternoon. Friday nights, I go to pasta parties & then usually just come home & go to sleep. I am being deprived as a teenager. Weekends are what we live for & they just basically cut mine down to one day. Yes, I am dying. Saturday mornings, I get up and run my usual race, 5k. They usually dont have the actual race gun go off till later in the morning. The answer is yes, we run our meets in heat. Its horrible! There is never a race when one person on our team doesn't vomit. We Mountain View Toros only know running in heat...Our boys have been extremley good this season. Its their 2nd year with Coach Alexander and the girls' first. Although our girls have had a rather rocky start, we're going to be able to pull through for state I think! We have the same coach for two teams, and its awesome. We are probably the most unified team out there & I dont think anyone of my teammates could imagine it any other way. We love each other.
High school--oh man. People say its so hard & I haven't seen it yet. All my classes are such a breeze. I have all A's & B's in my classes which is super impressive for me. I usually don't care & accept whatever grade I get...but not this year! Im actually caring & trying. Its awesome. And easy. Except for geometry. I had to get a tutor. His name is Aaron. He's awesome! If anyone needs a tutor for anything, he is here. He's awesome & super educated at everything. Just let me know if you'd like his number.
Something else that's new is I am so close to turning 16! That means driving and dating. As you know, I got my permit a few months ago. Its awesome. My parents let me drive with them all the time! Today my mom let me drive to the church by myself...ultra cool, even though its literally just around the corner. Whatever!
Friends were & are still a struggle for me. I haven't been able to find a solid group that I completely fit in with yet. So Im still a floater, haha. Alyssa Ferguson is my best friend who goes to Red Mountain along with Brittlyn Smith who goes to Highland. Yeah, its definitely tough going to school without your bestfriends like you have the past years. Im growing from it though!
I got my papers to get my patriartcle blessing! I am so stoked. Im having my mom call the patriarch tomorrow. I want it asap. My friends said they're amazing. I literally cannot wait!
As you can see, my life is pretty good right now. Easy, fun, enjoyable. I like it. My parents are awesome. My siblings are even better! My friends are nice. I like school, for the most part. I've changed alot over summer & I like this new me. Im happy!
love love,
A

Do you think I could've said 'awesome' any more times in this one post? Pathetic.

No comments: