Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dear Genie Carwash,

i love how you guys pretended like you didn't steal my ipod..when in reality, there's some man in the back playing solitare on it. and laughing at all the embarrassing pictures i have on there. and reading all my personal emails about where i want to go when i'm married.

would you like to hear the story behind all this? ok, i'll tell you.
so i'm kind of obsessed with keeping my truck clean. it's almost freakish. this means i get the express wash, at genie, *which is awesome for only being $3, EVERY WEEK! i know it's a little dramatic, but my car is my prized possession.
so just like any other time, i leave my ipod, with the adapter plugged into it, inside the cupholder ready to be played as soon as i hop back into my car. i do this every time, which probably wasn't very smart to begin with, but when my car isn't getting vacuumed inside, or anything of that sort, it shouldn't be a real issue when the only time someone gets in my car is when they have to drive it 10ft.
so the man waves his towel and shouts that my car is ready..i give him my receipt and a $3 tip like i always do when it's above 85degrees outside. and i get in my car, go strait for the cupholder, out of habit, for my ipod. guess what? it's not there.
so i politely ask the man who waved the towel if anyone had moved my console up, which would make the ipod fall out, and he said, "no, no. with the express wash, we don't do anything inside."
so he asked me to pull my truck forward, into a parking space and together we'd look for my ipod. i park my car, we move all my seats and look under everything that's in my car. *there is literally nothing in my car besides my insurance-i like it tidy. the looking-underneath-thing, didn't take very long. and we still don't find my ipod!
so he tells me he's going to ask the other guys who drove the car for it. he comes back with all of the men who were supposed to be the ones who drove my truck the 10ft, and they all say they never saw it.
so we all look through my car again, i empty my whole bag, everything. we walk through the whole store and look inside, no where to be found.
so the manager says, "i'm going to review the tapes to see if i can find anything." walks in the back, for about 5 minutes and checks the cameras. comes back out and says, "there was no sign of it on the tapes. you can come inside and look for yourself." my response, "no..it's fine. i won't come inside right now. i'll call my dad and ask him what i should do."
so i call my dad, and he's mad. he didn't use the word mad, but i could tell that my dad was freaking ticked. i know him. he's coming home right now to figure out this whole ordeal. sucks for genie, because they just lost my whole family as customers.

before you say, "you're so dumb for leaving your ipod there," and things of that sort, just think about it if it were you. if you have gone to the same carwash, every.single.week, since january, i think you'd feel pretty comfortable there too. it was an honest mistake leaving my ipod out in the open like that, and i get that. but it's still makes me livid that they stole that AFTER I TIPPED THEM! seriously?! i mean, SERIOUSLY. who does that?!

and another thing..as soon as they unlock that ipod and see this (this is my ipod background),
i personally just think, how could you steal from either one of these adorable people?!

genie carwash, i hate you. it's all just really bittersweet. you gave troy *that's my truck's name, the best washes ever, but you stole one of his best friends..my ipod. and for that, we will never return.
{A}

4 comments:

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Dear Genie car wash,
I will never frequent your facility again because you angered my sister A. Your establishment is a disgrace to the car-wash cleaning community.
Sincerely,
C

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! That seriously is like death because ipod=life. I'm so sorry! And if I had lots of extra money lying around, I'd buy you a new ipod. But I don't so....I give you a sad face for the sucky encounter at the car wash. :(

Positive Petersons said...

one time they stole 50$ i had in my cup holder... annoying.

Unknown said...

haha yup. thats why you aaaaalways take EVERYTHING out. they're kinda sketchy.
clean....but sketchy...