Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life without XC

So recently, as many of you know, I had my last XC last week.
Super hard to let all that go....
I really miss cross so dang bad. I miss grueling workouts actually. I still run as much as I can, but being in regular P.E., its nothing hard. I miss eating pasta with the girls. I miss GOING to pasta parties & swimming in ice cold water. I miss making up dances & then videoing them. I miss stretching with everyone, and then have the boys make up dirty jokes about 'stretching'. I miss all the boys so bad! I miss giving Jeffie a head rub on the way to the meets on the bus. I miss riding the bus to meets & just getting pumped sitting there. I miss sharing peanut butter & jelly sandwhiches with anyone who had them. I miss eating nasty goop before the race just so I could improve my time. I miss being timed. I miss those early morning runs at 6 in the morning, then having to RUSH to get to a-hour. I miss having the boys push me as far as I could go. I miss my coach calling me out & telling me I could do better. I miss Huckleberry & Hart being my coaches. I miss seeing Sky's white legs in his super short shorts. I miss listening to Coldplay with Jeff and Trent on the bus rides to the meets. I miss taking sweaty pictures with Ally. I miss laughing about how Ally used to run like a grandma. I miss cheering for Kendall when he came in last. I miss Micheal coming to the meets when he wasn't even on the team. I miss having to ask parents to drive us to the meet @ 6am when the bus didn't show up. I miss all the funny jokes I had with everyone. I miss being undefeated. Most of all, I miss all the people there. They helped me figure out myself so dang much. So much of who I am is based on those kids. They seriously taught me so many lessons. Them, & Huckleberry. Greatest team & Coaches (Hart & Huckleberry) who ever lived. I loved Stapley XC. Looking forward to MVT Cross next year as a sophmore.
love love,
A


"Cats on 3! 1-2-3 CATS!"

3 comments:

Ally said...

I miss my little ol' grandma strut toO! haha cross country turned out way more fun then i expected! and surprisingly enough i really miss our workouts. they made you feel like you could go run a marathon! haha but we will still have many fun fun times! love you tuck!

Jana said...

Hey Abby.....I love your blog background! Cute!!

Julie said...

I love those long Abby legs!