Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thoughts.

Who watches Grey's Anatomy?
Well, if you watched last Thursdays, you saw the elderly couple.
When this woman came into the hospital to fill out her papers, she didn't want any life support treatment if was to ever be needed. In other words, she told the doctors, she didn't want to be hooked up to machines to be living.
When Dr. Bailey came in to tell the old woman she was going to be getting prepared for surgery, she leaned over to her husband & gave him a kiss. They stared into each others eyes for a little, then said, "Goodbye. I love you."
As the old woman pulled away in the gurney, the old man said, "We do it every time she goes into surgery. So every time she gets out, we say 'hello'."
During surgery, the old woman didn't have things go as planned.
While sitting in her room after her surgery, she started to crash. Her monitors were going off & the old man was sitting by her side yelling. He didn't understand why anyone wasn't helping her. Doctor Bailey came in & told the old man the condition & said how she signed her life away. Immediately after saying that, her monitor stopped. The old man came to his wife & started giving CPR.
At that moment, I thought about my grandma & grandpa.
While watching this old man do anything to keep his wife alive, I thought about my grandpa who had passed away last April. I started thinking about what I would do if I was the nurse who was there to hear my grandpa's last breath.
Little things like that are the things that really get to me.
Some days I really miss him. But there isn't one day I don't think about him.
Even though I wasn't super close with my grandpa, I feel like now that he's gone, I'll have such a better understanding of him. Every time someone talks about him, friends/family/etc. they say he was the best man who ever lived. He was always serving others & he never complained. He was always happy & helpful. Everyone says that family was his number one priority, except for serving his lord. My grandpa was & is still an amazing man. I think about him everyday & I want to be just like him.
That is why he is my number one hero along with my mother, his oldest daughter.
I love you Grandpa.
And Grandma, if your reading this, know I love you too. Just as much. You better not be planning on leaving me any time soon.
love love,
Abigail

No comments: