Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Birthday!

This year, I realized it wasn't about the gifts and the cake. But this year wasn't like most years. I got 30 texts from 30 DIFFERENT people telling me happy birthday & that they loved me! It was the best gift I got the whole day. Seriously, it made me smile every time I got another new text. I am so blessed to have so many close friends. I don't show how grateful I am usually because there is no way I could prove to those people how much they mean to me. My friends influence my life so much & I am SO lucky they set a positive example. They got me where I am today & I have never been happier!
My birthday was spent with my closest friend; my mom, my dad, grandma funk, & Brittlyn. We all went out to dinner and enjoyed the company of one another. It was awesome! My grandma gave me this adorable treasure box with 45 new gold dollars in it (which look WAY to cool to spend.) My parents got me a digital camera, a hair cut, and a few clothing items from blossom. I was really happy with everything I got, but having so many people tell me they loved me made my day over ANY gift.
I walked throught the halls yesterday and recieved so many hugs from so many great kids! I even got a hug from one of my favorite teachers, Mr. Goodman. He's such a great guy & teacher! Every time I walked through the halls, a few different people from before would tell me happy birthday. I dont know how to tell you how awesome that makes me feel! Every person who said wasn't fake about it either. They were real & sincere.
Each person who told me happy birthday, I tried to think of a few good things about each person. I got to alot of good things all together throughout the day. The kids at Stapley are awesome & I am SO blessed to have so many awesome friends! Overall, I just had an awesome day. I love my friends & my family. Thank you for supporting, helping, loving, enjoying, and caring for me. It means more than you'll ever know!
love love,
A

No comments: