Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not Again...

So every year I have a major ingury.
7th grade, I tried jumping over a tennis net and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I bruised my lungs & esophogous, broke my collerbone, & fractured my skull.
In 8th grade, I rolled a rhino. Basically, a suped up golf cart. Rolled it twice with it landing on my ankle in the end. Almost broke my growth plate, which would've meant surgery.
This year, I've been pretty lucky. I never said I didn't get hurt, but I haven't had any serious injuries.
Today...was a little different. I was about to run the 300M hurdles for my race. My dad suggested I do it, so I said I would. I hadn't practiced one single hurdle for the whole season. I didn't know I was really gonna be put into the race until very last minute. I usually would run the 400 or the 800. Not today! One girl decided she didn't want too, so the 'alternate' took her place. Me.
I practiced doing hurdles abour 5 minutes before the race started. This would be the first time I hopped over a hurdle ALL season. I was pretty nervous. Everyone told me I was freakin' myself out and they really weren't bad. They looked short. I did them fine in that 5 minutes of practice.
The gun fired off & I was in lane one. I was approaching the first hurdle. AND FAST. I guess I got over it, but I don't exactly know if I did or if I just tripped. I ended up not finishing the race.
Im on crutches now because I can't walk. It hurts TOO bad! My dad thinks I pulled some muscle in my thigh.
Hopefully I get into a doctor this weekend.
I love track. Running is my thing. I hate hate hate having to sit out and watch someone do my race. Track was just starting to get good for me. Now I have to sit out for a week and try to get better again. Get back in shape. Well, hopefully this heals fast...I cannot not run.
This...was probably the most embarrassing moment of my whole life. I NEVER get embarrassed. And I did today. It was the first hurdle and everyone was watching. I laid in my lane crying. The fat boy on my team basically had to drag me off the track so the next race could start. I was so embarrassed. I wasn't laughing at all. I started crying because of embarrassment at first, then I realized it hurt alot more than the embarrasment did.
Definitely not a good day.
Im hoping to get better fast & soon. I wanna run to the best of my ability. If Im on crutches for too long, I'll be freakin' pissed.
love love,
A

No comments: