Friday, April 3, 2009

THE 'WITCH' DOCTOR!

HE'S MY NEW FAVORITE THING!
I've never been to physical therapy or anything like it. I've wanted to all the time! Everyone says it feels so good afterwards and it just sounds so appealing.
The 'Witch' Doctor isn't really physical therapy...he's better!
So the first thing he had me do when I got there was describe how I hurt my quad and how much it was exactly hurting and all that good stuff. I felt like a totally retard because my story of how it happened is pretty embarrassing! Yeah, he laughed...
After we chat for a little, he has his little assistant come in & take me into a new room. I was about to get 'stem' on my muscle. Its like these little sticky pad circle things they stick on you. They have wires coming off of them. The nurse turns it on & she tells me I'll be able to feel an electric current going through my leg. At first, I was totally freaking out thinking it was gonna hurt...but of course, it didn't! It felt SO weird. My leg had a current pulsing through it. I could totally feel the electricty! IT WAS CRAZY! My foot started to fall asleep and my leg was completely relaxed. She said that was normal.
After 10 minutes of that, I went back into the room and he put this little rolling massaging thing on my quad. It tickled ALOT! And it even hurt it a little too. He said that this was what would make me sore the next day probably...
Then he had me lay on my side & popped my whole back by like just pushing on it really hard on my hip. Then he popped my hip kinda which felt SUPER good! He has my turn over & he massages my lower back down into my hip then down into my quad. He said my left leg might feel shorter because of the pulling I've done. Which my mom said you could see a significant difference when I was laying down...
He then made me resist pressure in a few spots. It was kinda hard! He put ALOT of weight on me.
Then he did the COOLEST PART! THE LASER! It wasn't hot or anything. It just looked like the ones you would use at self checkout. Just a little red line of light! After he did that, he made me resist pressure again & I could TOTALLY DO IT! My leg felt great!
I told he I had kept off it alot & been icing like crazy which was VERY good & smart he said. He said because I did that, I'd be healed faster. YES! HERE I COME TRACK!
Im going back next week & hopefully I can run in my meet on Thursday. Watching girls run my race was NOT fun...made my quite angry!
Alright, well, if you live in the Valley & would like to try the 'Witch Doctor' I totally suggest it. He's great! And I can't WAIT to go back!
love love,
A

No comments: