Sunday, April 5, 2009

Its been a WHOLE year...

I know its extremley late, but I just got finished hanging out with my friends a little while ago.
My friend asked me what time it was & as I looked down at my phone...I opened it & read the date.
One year ago, I called my mom telling her I'd gotten in a rhino accident when after I told her, she shared the news that my grandpa had gotten into a biking accident. I remember her saying 'He fell pretty hard & broke his helmet. But the doctors say it isn't look too serious right now & should get better soon.'
I didn't even worry at all afterwards. I prayed about it that night & felt total comfort so I wasn't worried.
A few short weeks later, my grandpa didn't get better. He passed away Sunday morning on the 20th.
Theres never a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I don't want to say that being sad is wrong, because once the 20th comes around, I know I'll be a mess. But I know my grandpa would want me to be happy right now.
So over this year, I've thought of some questions I'd want to ask him once I see him again...
1) What was your favorite food?
2) Whats the one thing you couldn't live without?
3) When you met Grandma, did you know she was the one?
4) How do you like your sandwhich?
5) Whats your most EMBARRASSING moment?
6) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7) Who has impacted your life the most?
8) At what point did you know that the gospel was true?
9) Did you ever want to run away as a kid?
10) Whats your biggest accomplishment in life?
11) Are you happy with the legacy you've left behind?
12) If you could relive ONE moment in your life, which would it be?
13) Did having deaf parents come as a disadvantage or advantage?
14) Have you ever wanted to re-do something?
15) Where is the one place you can go & be your absolute self?
16) Who effected you the most while you were on your mission?
17) Out of both of your missions, which did you treasure more?
18) Would you ever serve a 3rd mission?
19) What was your favorite high school memory?
20) Did you feel like you 'went' at the right time?
21) Is there anything you'd want me to know about being a teenager?
22) Whats the one way I can show you I love you now?
23) After being the father of 6, did you ever want more kids?
24) Did you like being famous in the Valley of Mesa?
25) Whats one thing you ALWAYS wanted to do, but never got the chance?
26) Whats your favorite color?
27) Did you ever doubt the gospel once in your lifetime?
28) Who was your best friend throughout your whole middle school life?
29) Whats one thing you absolutely adore about me?
30) If you had to choose one item to bring on a deserted island, what would it be?
31) What was your absolute favorite book?
32) Were you as proud of your grandkids as you were your kids?
33) Do you have anyone in peticular you want me to serve for the rest of my life?
34) Before you went on your mission, did you know Grandma?
35) What's your favorite time of the year?
36) Whats the one thing you wish you could still do everyday?
37) Did you ever think about death?
38) Did you have any idea what your future had in store for you?
39) Was college important to you?
40) How old were you when you got in your first car accident?
41) If there was one animal in the whole world you'd want to get rid of, it' be...?
42) What were you most proud of about YOURSELF?
43) What's your biggest regret?
45) What the most thrilling thing that's ever happened to you?
46) When you were a kid, was general conference something you looked forward to, or no?
47) Do you know what kind of guy you'd be without the gospel?
48) Did you ever wish you could be a famous movie star?
49) What saying or quote did you live by?
50) How can I prove to you that you've made me a better person?

Sorry if you got bored.
That's only half of my list, I stopped because I'd figure certain people might get bored.
Well Grandpa, I miss you & I love you so much. I think about you everyday. I know your watching out for me, so thank you. I can't wait to see you! Save me a spot up there in heaven okay?
love love,
A

2 comments:

Ally said...

so cute abbs

Alyssaaa said...

this is so cute.
seriously, i didn't get bored at all.
i thought it was absolutely adorablee