Sunday, June 28, 2009

Newport

Last week I went to Newport with my mom & Rachel. We stayed at the annual beach house rental on the boardwalk. Which is literally 10 minutes away, walking distance, from the Fun Zone near Balboa Island.
Im sure the people staying on the floor above us were wondering how in the world we fit 5 families in a beach house that has 3 bedrooms. We were CRAMMED. Although showering & feeling sand on your feet, & sleeping on air mattresses, & eating junk food, & stepping on Scrabble pieces when you went to the bathroom at midnight isn't my thing, I had SO much fun! I spent the whole time with my 19 year old cousin, Alden. He's leaving for his mission in September to the Domician Republic. Woohoo Alden! I was super happy I got to spend lots of time with him before he left...Im going to miss him so much.
I love spending time with my younger cousins on the beach. I helped 5 year old Logan burry 4 year old Ryan. It was much fun! I loved swimming in the ocean ALL day with my uncle Dave & my cousins Nate & Nick. They're pick-up lines are hysterical! If you need any, I won't ever forget some of there sweet tricks ;)
Westin & I love riding bikes & long boards down the boardwalk to get donuts every morning after my runs. I didn't think I could sweat more than I do in Arizona, until I went to California. The humidity totally drenches you. DISGUSTING!
Even though I didn't get to see much of my cousins, Lindey & Cassidy, I had so much fun with them dancing to the tributes of Micheal Jackson. Watching all the adults play speed Scrabble was interesting. They're are some STRANGE words in the Enlgish Dicitionary. Some of which, I think Lisa & Diana made up to win...it's okay. I wasn't playing, just observing haha.
After I left, I loved texting my Aunt Julie & telling her how much I missed her. She kept me filled in about what was going on while I was gone. Apparently, we left just in time ;)
I love the beach house! I hope we can go back next year & cram all those fun families in again. I love the Funks. I love my Grandma Funk for making this all possible! Not to mention, I loved be so tired that I slept literally the WHOLE entire car ride home. Ooooh, that was sweet.
LET'S KEEP THE TRADITION GOING!
love,
Abby

ps-They totally need to allow surries on the boardwalk! Or according to Calvin, Sur-rays.

No comments: