Thursday, June 4, 2009

Swimming 101

This past week, I started teaching swimming lessons with my mom. She has been teaching them for about 8 years in our backyard pool. She's always completely booked. Everyone wants lessons from Miss Lorie, no one is better. Anyways, last year I taught with her & I loved it. I love little kids one & two, I made lots of money! I work from 10-12:30. Not very long, but thats a total of 5 lessons.
The first day I started, I loved it-except one class totally ruined it for me. Two children (little boys) screaming bloody murder is definitely not a fun thing...I did end up going out the next day & learning to deal. They are slowly getting better. SLOWLY.
My mom constantly tells me how good of a teacher I am. She says the kids love me & Im super patient. That makes me feel good, ha. Every time she tells me I'm good at teaching I think to myself, "Oh no, I'm really gonna be a mother one day...no screaming babies please!"

.................Im learning to deal.

I told my mom the reason I do swimming lessons is to get little hugs from the cute kids. I love the kids who tell me thank you at the end of each lessons. Or the ones who say "Bye Miss Abby! See you tomorrow!" I love that. I love being called 'Miss'.
These little kids really make you happy when you put them under the water with a frown & they come up with the biggest smile ever. It makes your heart melt a little. Or when they tell you to not let go. Then you end up letting go & the finally realize they really can do it. Its inspiring in a way.
I love Gorilla Swim Kids! Here's to the first week of GREAT lessons!
love love,
Miss Abby

No comments: