Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Weekend at the Whitemans

This last weekend, my parents went up to Utah for my dad's birthday. They spent the weekend at our house in Park City with their best friends, the Asletts.
Instead of me staying here with my family, I asked my mom if I could stay at my best friend Madi's (aka Wootie) house. She said yes. How easy. She called up Holly & I was invited in with warm arms.
Not only do I love Madi so crazily much, but Im in love with her sisters! Lexi & Alyssa are older, so they give me all these fabulous life lessons. They're so cute! They always try to understand me before they judge me, they're super helpful. They honestly treat me like Im one of their sisters. They let me borrow all their clothes, they text me & ask how Im doing, they come in to talk to me about my night before they go to bed, & they have my back.
Chloe is Madi's little sister. Even though she doesn't understand everything at 7th grade, she can always tell when Im not having the best day. She will try her hardest to put a smile on my face & she always looks for the positive! She's happy. Now there isn't just girls in the Whiteman house. There is little Nicky! The spoiled baby boy who's entering into the 5th grade. He's super sweet whenever he sees me. Although we didn't talk much, he's not like the rest of the boys his age & bratty. He was sweet & nice kid. That's really important at a young age I think.
Last but not least, the Whiteman parents-Holly & Jeff. These two adults are some of the most kind people I've ever met. Holly is an amazing cook. She has a little warm touch in everything she does, even in her voice. She's just cute & small. Love her. She was so welcoming to me when I arrived at their house. That was so nice of her to allow me into her home for the weekend, Im extremley thankful! Jeff is the father of the Whitemans. The head-honcho. The one who runs everything. For every little unfortunate thing that happens in the Whitemans house like, spilling apple juice on the floor or having their dog poop on their freshly cleaned carpet, he still manages to keep calm with his gentle spirit. He is in the bishopric in his ward. Today was fast & testimony meeting. I loved hearing one of my best friends' dad's bare his testimony. I felt alot closer to him after hearing his revalation of the gospel. He's such a great guy & even more amazing father to his family. I love Holly & Jeff! Thank you for letting me stay you guys. It means so so much.
I love the Whitemans home. It has such a sweet spirit that's always running through it, along with great house warming scents of perfume & fresh pizza from Spinota's. They were so kind to me this weekend & I didn't have to do one single chore. It was almost like I was invited to stay there this weekend, when really I asked. They are such a fun, outgoing, loving family! I look up to them & thank them for being such great, close friends.
Thank you Whitemans for letting me have the privledge to stay at your house. I loved it & hopefully I can do it again! Thank you guys for taking me in this weekend & keeping me entertained. I love all of you! I can't say thank you enough.
love love,
Abby

No comments: