Monday, December 7, 2009

"Where World's BEST Athletes Compete"

so I went on my trip with my team to california. It was craaaaazy fun! We left during 6th hour. 2 vans. 17 kids. Amazing trip.
we drove there...it took a long time, i'm not going to lie. my phone died numerous times on the trip, but it died very quickly on the ride up there. makes me angry how my phone cannot hold battery to save it's life. the girls car had an addition to it. Baby Maddy. The loudest crier i've ever heard. We had to pull off the freeway to nurse her more than once. she's cute though, so whatever.

After stopping for dinner at panda, we arrived at our motel. It was awesome! there was a jacuzzi & pool, although we didn't go in. i was so cold while i was there! not kidding. our motel rooms AC turned on in the middle of the night. not cool.
the sophomores got up early that Saturday morning. we headed to our face. Little did we realize that this course is meant to kill you. it brings out the best of the best. we were not prepared. coldest ever. Spandex & tank tops were worn. the hills were called "poop out." I'm assuming most of you understand why they were called that...but if you're not a runner, i'll explain. These hills were so hard, that they made you want to poop. yes--that is the definition of poop out mountain. Honestly, it was so insane how steep these were. they were switchbacks, which made them seem like they went forever. it was very unique to run on a national famous course. Outside the gates they had a huuuuuuuge board filled with athletes names who had set world records here. it was legit.

We arrived to our new motel after the meet was over. it was literally RIGHT ACROSS the street from knott's berry farm. awesome? yes. We stayed in rooms right next to each other. so we never really weren't all together. we rested & got ready for a few hours. headed off to knott's.
I decided i'm not a very big knott's bery farm fam. roller coasters are great. roller coasters that go backwards or have loops, are not so great. Basically after every ride, i wanted to vomit. I felt so gnarly sick after going on those coasters I was done after 4 rides. No me gusta nada.

We went to bed saturday night probably in the early hours of the morning. afterall, we spent all night/day at knott's berry so we couldn't just end it on that. ordering pizza around 2am was great! as soon as the pizza was gone, there was no point to stay awake so we crashed.
Woke up around 7 am the next morning to start the long ride home. Good thing baby maddy didn't cry again...or maybe she did? i slept for 4 out of the 7 hour drive.

basically, this trip was great. I had an excellant time with my friends on the team. I spent time with my coach & got to know him on a more personal level. I am devistated that the seniors we have this year won't be with us next year. Literally--i am going to ball. I love them all so much. the best part is, they're all great kids. Each of them set positive examples for me. I love them for that. I love my team. i loved that trip. i cannot wait till next year!
love,
A

ps-NEVER turn to channel 37 while you're in california. we learned that the hard way...

2 comments:

lorie said...

Nice recap, Abbs. And should use your mother's skills to edit your grammar.

Brooklyn said...

i think you're so pretty. rofl that mom said that.