Thursday, January 14, 2010

Trembling.

I'm assuming most of you, both in mtn view high school or not, have gotten the forward that contains a picture of my sister, Rachel's abs. If you have, you know it looks like this:
Anywho, i know most of you think that it's all photoshop or what not, but it's not! 100% real, rock hard abs. They seriously put Taylor Lautner's to shame. Yes, I believe they are that ridiculous. rachel is buff & looks good with it. She has the most rockin' bod i have ever seen. She isn't grossly buff though, so don't get that idea.
My point:
You're probably wondering why i'm bringing this up & here's the reason. My abs hurt so bad! I'm a distance runner on my track team & we have to turn in mileage sheets. it's just so our coach knows how we're feeling & he's keeping up with our running. Nothing hard to do, you just write how long you went, how many miles you went, & how you felt. Track practice started once school got back into session & he asked for mileage sheets. Since a lot of the new distance runners didn't do cross country, he had to explain what they were. He then gave us about 2 weeks to get them in as up to date as possible.
Not a hard thing to do whatsoever. Our punishment for not getting them in was...........
core.
Lots & lots of core.
Way more than you can ever imagine. our practices have been nothing but core this whole week. I'm talking 30-40 minutes of solid core exercises. That's planks & leg lifts & sit ups & push-ups & invertids & my most favorite, sailboats. Everything you could think of that has to do with core, we do it.
Pretty much, I am LIVID with the people who have chosen to not turn in their mileage sheets because today, core was so hard that i almost started crying. I have never cried during a workout for it hurting so bad. NEVER. yes, i've thrown up & all that yummy stuff, but never cried. i couldn't stop shaking & my body was hurting so ridiculously bad. I know you all probably think i'm a wimp & i'm not saying i'm not, but our varsity BOYS were trembling. a lot.
I cannot do that much core any longer! YOU HEAR ME, DISTANCE CREW?! so if you are running on the distance crew for mountain view track, you better get your act together & turn in you're flippin' mileage sheets because with how much core we're doing, it won't take long for me to catch up to my sister...
and you know what? if you think i'm complaining, i wanna see what you have to say after laying on your back, with your hands behind you head & your feet 6inches off the ground for 10 minutes. then after that, hold a plank for 5. then do every other core exercise you can imagine. INCLUDING SAILBOATS!

Just please stop being selfish. i hurt :(
love,
ATuck

No comments: