Monday, January 11, 2010

You made ME cry...

I am not a huge reader whatsoever. Like in some of my previous posts, it takes a lot for me to read books. I don't enjoy reading books with big words that I have to ask my mom what they mean. I don't like books that are really confusing to follow. However, I don't mind if the books have a bad ending. Some times it makes it that much better.
Like this book:
I love it. Everything about it is simply amazing. The author did a fabulous job. Although it ends sad, (and made me cry a lot) I just could NOT put it down! Literally, I was up on New Years Eve Night up till about 4AM just reading...Now I'm assuming all of you have seen the trailer for the movie & are planning to head to the midnight premiere, but you've got to read the book. I probably wouldn't have read it until I saw the trailer honestly. One thing the trailer does do is make it easier to picture who the people are. Channing Tatum is John Tyree & it just makes it easier to picture how strong of a person he is. Something that made my head hurt a little was, that in the book, Savannah is brunette. When you see the trailer & you see who plays her, you just can't imagine anyone else playing her role. Not even if she was brunette would it be right. It's fine though...

Bottom line, I truly understand the Twilight readers who say you have to read the books because it ends up being so much better that the movie. Even though the movie hasn't come out, I have a strong feeling I am going to feel more connected to the characters through the book rather than the movie. No big deal though. Either way, the book & movie will be amazing on their own.
Oh, if you aren't into lovey-dovey stuff, then this book isn't for you. However, if you are, it most definitely is a must read. I promise anyone will fall in love with it. Like there is no possible way you can't.
IT'S AMAZING!
Midnight premiere, February 5th. I AM going. I WILL cry, most likely.
xoxo,
ATuck

ps-the song playing during the Dear John Trailer is 'Set The Fire to the Third Bar' by Snow Patrol. I strongly encourage you to download it to your iPod. Another thing? WATCH THE TRAILER!

1 comment:

Positive Petersons said...

i read it! i had a hard time though because i wanted it to be happier! i'm reading his ther book called the last song they're making it a movie too it's with like miley cyrus and stuff!! anyway, good book.