Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Testing.

As everyone knows, this year school year is almost at it's end. which means we need to start preparing for next year. this also means that we need to take tests to see where we should be placed next year.
well about that 't' word, testing, i'm not very good at it. i get my test placed in front of me & everything i've studied goes out of my head. i'm horrible at taking tests. it's unusual for me to get anything above a 'c' on a test & i really dislike that. I always get really nervous & impatient. so then i rush through it.
Anywho, I took a test today. A hard one. To get into an accelerated class for next year. What was i thinking?
I took the test for HONORS algebra two. i know what you're thinking, not a big deal...but guess what, it kind of is. only the top 120 people with the highest scores get in. Wanna know how many tested? around 330. My competition is tough & i don't have a very strong feeling i did well.
They said usually 150-200 people test, but this year was the most they've ever gotten. when he said those words, all that seemed to happen was the lump got bigger in my throat.
I got my test & just stared at it. I looked at it like i was looking through a pool of water...blankly. I didn't know what to do, or how to start. i looked over at the girl next to me, & she had a very confused look as well. I shrugged my shoulders trying to play it cool, when i really had no idea what i was doing. It was horrible. i had to guess for the first problem. that tells ya right there I had no idea what i was doing. However, it go progressively easier as it went on, but then it got hard again.
I don't know what to say other than i'm a horrible test taker. i always reread emily's post about how she's going to kill the test & the pages will be burning because she's on fire...but guess what? The test has always killed me. Ah, i hate tests.
enough of this rant...prom is 5ish weeks away & i cannot wait! I've been borrowing & looking at numerous dresses from friends that are way too cute for me...I don't know how i can pull them off. but my 'stylist' aka courtney rogers, thinks I can do it with her help.
xoxo,
A

1 comment:

nicole said...

atuck gotta love it