Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Recap.

a lot took place this weekend. Friday night we had the region finals at mountain view for track. that was exciting & super intense! i was with my desert vista friends the majority of the time, but they're some of my favorites anyways so it wasn't a disappoint to get to spend time with them. mountain view won our region & a lot of kids are going to state which is next weekend. i'll be there! cheering on our kids & dv's.
Saturday i had my race. lemme break it down for you: I swam 800m & it was pretty darn cold while i was sitting there treading water. once you started going, it wasn't too bad. but tempe town lake is definitely nasty. I've never smelt a more smelly lake in my whole life..so i was the first 'wave' as in the first people to go, or start. it was pretty cool.
After the swim, i transitioned onto the bike. 2 loops. 13 miles. each loop was 6 1/2 miles. My dad was with me the first loop. i wish he would've stayed through the 2nd, but he decided that he should give me some space is what he said. No joke, my groin had never been so sore. i'd rode earlier that week to make sure everything would be super comfortable & easy. well obviously that wasn't enough riding, because my rump was killing me.
once i finished the bike, i headed out to the run. 5k. aka-3.1 miles. my mom ran with me the whole entire way. she seriously was the biggest motivator to everyone out on the course. I'm serious. every time we passed someone, she said, "good job" or "keep it up! you're almost there!" if we passed someone walking, she'd pat them on the shoulder & encourage them to keep going. She helped me pace myself majorly. i wanted to walk so bad..but she wouldn't let me. when we got to the hills, she would tell me to pull my knees up & look 10ft in front of me. it made it a lot easier.
I ended up taking 2nd in my age group which was pretty rad. i totally could've gotten first, but that's what next year is for, right? i really love triatholans..really. they're 50 times better than any cross race i've ever ran. i wish there was a triatholan team at mvt, ha.
Saturday night, i headed out to 'tukee. hung out with my dv kiddos some more. They really are the best ever. they're so funny & i love them with all my heart! they're so crazy & fun like me, so i fit right in. Last night was kind of hectic, to say the least, being ninja's & all, but it was definitely adventurous. Can't wait to see their beautiful, happy faces next weekend!
Today i went to tanner's ward to hear him speak about his mum. He did awesome. the bishop had asked all of the seniors in the ward to speak on mother's day. It was so cute. some talks were funny. some were about the scriptures & the mother's in them. some were about the importance of the mother's roll in the house, but tanner's was a combination of all of them. he did AWESOME. not an understatement. he even made me cry a little. His mom is a super great mom & she's done an excellent job with raising her children. i love the thornton's.

Speaking of mom's & mother's day, i'd like to say something about my mom & how grateful i am for her. i think i have the best mom in the whole entire world. in fact, i know it. She's always willing to help me with anything that i need. she's always my supporter. Like tanner said in his talk, she's my number one fan. She's the one who inspired me to do triatholans & cross country. she's super good at motivating anyone. truly, she's the best motivator i've ever met.

My mom is so beautiful..she doesn't have to get ready at all & still is smokin' hot. She'll do whatever it takes to be where she needs to be. she never flakes out on anyone, even if it means taking the time she uses to get ready. my mom is so loving & is always willing to tell me what's right & wrong. even though she may not always be on my side, she'll always get me to choose the right. she isn't afraid to tell me when i'm wrong & i think that's super important.
My mom's dad passed away 2 years ago. it's been super hard on me. harder than people think. I can't imagine what my mom feels everyday, but i know she's a solider. she's so strong & she'll never break down in front of you. She's the most inspirational person i ever met. I love you mom, with all of my heart. Thanks for being my best friend. i can't wait for my next race & you being there right by my side.
{A}

No comments: