Monday, June 21, 2010

Dad.

i know yesterday was father's day, but to be honest, i didn't spend nearly as much time on the computer as i usually do. i tried to spend the majority of the day with my family. that involves, waking up extra early to eat breakfast, driving to church in the same car, going to grandparents, cleaning the kitchen, watching youtube videos, & playing just dance on the wii.
i don't really think i have a picture of just my dad & i, but i know i do, somewhere..obviously..i mean, he's my dad. anywho; i just wanted to dedicate this post to my dad. he does so much. he's a super hard worker, even though he acts like he does the bare minimum. he's always walking around the house making sure everything is in order or spraying the backyard patio down, or taking my truck to the shop to get an oil change, or paying for my gas to drive me to work. not only gas, but my dad basically pays for everything. i think we kind of forget, or choose to forget, that money is a big part of this world. having someone pay for you that frequently is kind of a big deal. i mean, i don't mind paying for my friends every now & then when they're short a
couple dollars, but if i'm ever with my dad, he'll always pay for me. since i have a job now, money has just become a lot more important. i finally understand why my dad doesn't just like to spend it all..he's a smartie. my dad is the most thought out person i can think of. not to mention, the biggest saver. he saved every penny he earned during high school & i don't think he has any idea how much i respect him for that.
my dad is always looking out for my best interest. when i do something wrong, he'll always try to help me fix my mistake. he'll always be on my side, but he'll always encourage the right thing. he never lets me fall short. he wants all of his kids to be the best at everything, which is a huge motivator because you never wanna let your dad down. he's my cheerleader. if he wasn't at a cross country meet, he'd be the first person to ask me how i did. or he'd be the last person to give me encouragement right before the race. usually the last person to say something, sticks a little bit better in your mind. lemme just tell you, his words of encouragement get me more pumped than anyone elses. he is so supportive of everyone in our family & i just think that reflects a lot of his personality.
my dad is never looking for the easy way out. he doesn't cheat or slack off, he's willing do something the right way all the time. even if it means it's harder.
my dad is always willing to help whenever i need it. if that means help washing the dishes, or doing some math problems, or changing a flat tire, he's always there along side. not only does he always help, but he teaches. even though his teaching methods annoy the crap out of me some times, he only does it because he loves me.
bottom line: i love my dad. i think i have the best dad in the whole entire world. i can tell him absolutely anything & know i won't be judged. he's one of my very best friends & i wouldn't rather have any other man in my life as my dad. i hope my future companion is a lot like him, because he is perfect & outstanding in every way.
i love my grandpa tucker more than words can express. he's so funny, he seriously makes me laugh all.the.time.
to my grandpa funk: i think about him everyday. i don't feel like i exceeded his expectations of what i could've been & what i've could've done. that's why i do all i can right now. i miss you so much & i know my mom does. i know everyone does. but most importantly, thank you for always letting me know i can get through things.
happy late fathers day, i hope it was fantastic.
{A}

1 comment:

Alexis C. said...

Love this. You have a great daddio!! love you miss tucker!!