Monday, October 6, 2008

Bad day.

I had a horrible race and I just remember thinking...what did I do wrong to deserve this? I didn't run on Sunday and I watched 2 sessions of conference. It still fully hasn't gone through my head why I did so poorly. After I finished the race, coming in a horrible 27th, I remembered my grandpa. I felt like I let him down. Ugh. It was horrible. I started crying in front of my coach. Sucked it up before I approached the team and pulled through untill now. Signed on to my blog not wanting to post AGAIN, but I look at my aunt's blog. Julies. Now Im crying my eyes out because every time conference is on Im going to think of my grandfather. Even though he has yet to see one of my GOOD races, I know he's always gonna be there. It's been exactly 6months since the simple bike accident that would change mine, and my family's lives forever. Its seems to get easy now and then, but then I think about my grandma. She's so strong and I look up to her so much. I just wish my grandpa could sometimes still physically be here..But, he always will be watching over me, in spirit. Who else would tell my grandma to tell me, "Grandpa would be so proud!"
X's and O's,
Abigail

3 comments:

Ally said...

abby tucker! "everybody makes mistakes EVERYBODY HAS BAD DAYS!"and you finished the race you finished towards the front and you didnt give up thats most important! if you need anything im here girl! love you!

Julie said...

I'll always cry when I think of those last two weeks but then I'll remind myself that there are a lifetime of good memories. We're so lucky to have had such an awesome dad and grandpa.

Jana said...

Hey Abby!

I found your blog while I was blog stalking Julie's. Hope you don't mind that I added you to mine!

Logan says to tell you "Hi" ;)