Saturday, October 25, 2008

The last meet...

Our city meet was today.
After 9 years of never loosing city, we changed everything. We lost. Girls that is...We got 2nd. We lost by 3 points. All the girls were literally crying after the meet. We've been undefeated this whole year. And the thing that sucks most is, if I ran just a little harder, we might've beat them. Them, as in Rhodes. I seriously was so angry and sad. Our biggest competition was Fremont. And when they had the awards said, Fremont came in 3rd. So we all got excited thinking we had it! Then, they said "2nd place! Stapley Junior High!" Its like they punched us in the stomach. I felt so....empty, unfinished.

3 freakin' points.

I haven't stopped thinking about it all night. I feel like its my fault. I wasn't dying at the end like I should've been. I could've done better. Ugh, its so dumb. I wish...I wish...I wish.
I got 36 overall. With a time of 15 minutes. Or something along those lines. I was so happy with how I did till I found out we LOST by 3 effin' points! Uhhhhhhg. Good thing our boys ended up pulling through. They only won a couple times this season. Then they pulled it through and therefore, they got 1st. It was a nice help having crying girls and happy boys. They kinda stopped alot of the tears! By the time we pulled up to our school's locker room, every girls eyes were bloodshot red. None of them were crying, but red!
Well, what can you do. The seasons over. Now all I have left is track. Holy lord this year is going waaaaay to fast. Awh! Good job boys. Good job lady cats. We're still technically undefeated....I guess. Love you all. Boys and girls. Thank you coach for helping me push myself. You changed my life alot and I thank you so much for that. I am a different and better person I think! I got character thanks you Huck. Love you too Hart! Awesome year. 1-2-3 CATS!
love love,
A

2 comments:

Ally said...

ya that was a little too frusterating... But we cant let it bring us down forever. Fun season fun times. love ya tuck

Lace's Blog said...

Hey you did so good running i came and watched the girls come in after i said good job to rj good job!