Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recieving or Giving?

Would you rather recieve or give?
Every single year, until last year, I loved recieving. I never admitted it to ANYONE! I mean who would? You look like a greedy person & just because I liked recieving gifts, I didn't feel like a greedy person.
Last year, I gave out alot of gifts. Just to some close friends & family. I remember working really really hard to earn money. And I didn't buy lame, cheap presents! I bought quality gifts!
I dont really even know what made me like giving more than recieving...I guess it just happened. But ever since my grandpa died, I've felt like serving was the best way to make him happy. My mom, dad, & grandma do not know how much this has changed me, but it really has. Alot. I've tried really hard to turn myself around. I know I've had some really bad moments in this year, but I've also tried really hard to make up for it by getting good grades & having a better attitude about things.
Like I've said before, my grandpa was always serving. He always had the most positive attitude about everything. I just really want to prove my parents & grandparents that I can be like that too. I'd figure Christmas would be a good official start.
Ever year for Christmas, our family exchanges names. Up until last year, we would try keeping them secret. Brooklyn ruined the tradition every year by pressuring Rachel who she had. Rachel is so innocient! How could Brooklyn NOT get past her? Anyways, this year I drew Rachel's name. I went shopping today with Brooklyn & Alex. We went to Scottsdale mall. We were only there for 30 minutes! Fastest shopping of my lifetime. Brooklyn & I picked out our new Christmas church outfits. Alex bought her cousin a whole new outfit for Christmas. I got Rachel's gift. Quick & successful.
Bottom line, I really really love giving gifts. I like seeing the person's reaction after I give it to them! I am an awesome gift giver, so I never see a disappointed face;) I want to prove to my parents & my grandma most, that I can be like grandpa. He IS my biggest role model in life...I mean above anyone.
love love,
A

No comments: