Sunday, January 11, 2009

To the New Year!

Every year some time in early January, I take a few minutes to think about the past year & what I learned from it. I also take a few minutes to write my newest goals down, type em' up, print them out & then hang them up on my bulletin board. This way, every morning I wake up & see what I need to do that day to get a little closer to reaching my goals. I keep them in the upper left corner of my bulletin board so I never miss em'.

THINGS I LEARNED FROM 2008:
-Short cuts only cut you short
-To get good at something, you have to practice it -Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent
-Love exsists
-Look to the positive constantly
-You have to reach out to people, so they reach back

GOALS FOR 2009:
-Wear rubberbands constantly! (time to get these braces off!)
-Think before you say
-Good Grades!
-Be who you are, not what other people want you to be
-Serve, Serve, Serve
-Personal prayer every night
-Find music through your own personal research; Not what's popular
-Run

I've set alot of expectations for myself. If you ever see me struggle, remind me about them. I really need to reach these goals! It will help me be closer to my Heavenly Father. I want to make my grandpa proud of me again.
love love,
A

1 comment:

Ally said...

Love the goals. Love the cute board. thanks for a super fun weekend. love you tuck