Monday, February 22, 2010

THEE grueling workout.

today i had the hardest workout i've had all season. not only did i pass out, but my eyes rolled back & my lips turned purple. goose bumps covered my whole entire body & i couldn't feel my legs.
Maybe i'm just a sissy, or maybe i just had a very off day, i don't know...but we had to run five 800m sprints under a 3:20 pace. if that doesn't sound fast, i want you to try & do it. After those, we had two 400m sprints at 100% effort. these had to be between 60 seconds to 75 seconds. absolutely insane after you've ran all those 800.
on the last straight of my whole workout, my knees gave out. it was raining so hard & beyond freezing. the wind was blowing so hard, i couldn't see in front of me. it was so painful...so i just laid there for a second or 2, got up & went inside the locker room. before i made it there, my pal Blake saw me & told me my lips were purple & gave me his jacket to wear before we ended practice. I had to sit down in the middle of the hallway because i couldn't make it to the locker room with my knees giving out again.
We ended practice, I gave blake his jacket back & slowly made my way to monson's car so i could get a ride home. then monson saw me, once again, almost fall to the ground, so he carried me to the car on his back. I got home soaking wet, ice cold, & feeling sick to my stomach. i could barely keep my eyes open, so i got in the bath.
now i am happy to say i am feeling a lot better, although i feel totally naucious but that's not even a big deal compared to how i WAS feeling. i officially have the feeling back in my legs & can walk without falling to the floor. also, i am ALMOST completely thawed out.
thank you warm water. however, arizona, you need to stop being so bipolar & pick how your weather's going to be so i can be prepared next time.
xoxo,
A

1 comment:

The six said...

no definately, yesterday was the worst! ever. like, i don't remember last year being that bad. dangg i wish i had someone to carry me to the car! haha
<3 kimm