Sunday, March 21, 2010

Music.

i'm pretty sure everyone can say music has affected them one way or another. It most certainly has for me..but it's become a huge part of my personality recently. i'm going through a lot of spiritual changes, but i don't think my blog is the place to talk about them. However, i'm now realizing what my leaders in church were saying about how music totally effects you. It does. it really, really does.
Just last night, i was with a bunch of people i don't usually hang out with & they were the type of people who listen to rap. I apologize if you actually like the crap that comes out of those distraught people's mouthes. because guess what it is? crap. rap is crap. i have never heard an uplifting rap song come on in my whole life time & i don't expect to.
Those songs usually consist of something having to do with drugs, drinking, & sex...I'm not for any of those, so how is this song benifiting me? oh yeah, it's not.
So back to what i was saying about these people i never hang out with...they were looking through my iPod to see if i had any "Lil' Wayne" so they could listen to it..guess what, i didn't have one single song by him on my iPod. He's one of the most popular rap artists in the whole country & i didn't own one song by him. That made me feel really, really good.

Tanner introduced me to a new love...the piano. I wish i didn't quit taking lessons so long ago. i want to be as good as him. he's so amazing at it. Not kidding. he comes over to my house & just sits & plays. it makes him so happy! Wanna know what? i think it makes me a million more times happy. I lovvvvvve listening to the piano. I don't need lyrics or any other instrument. the piano, by itself, is one of the most beautiful things that God has ever given us.
I've come to have a whole new appreciation for people who play the hyms in church. They go up there every week & play 3-4 amazing pieces out of our Hymn book. It sounds absolutely beautiful! Also, the organ. although i'm not totally in love with it, YET, i think i'm getting there. tanner said he has the up most respect for people who can play the organ. "it's like playing the piano, only 3 times as hard." hmm, obviously it's a big deal to know how to play the organ.
Really though, i love music & it affects me & my moods all the time. I listen to certain music before i run. I listen to certain music to wake me up. I listen to certain music when i'm sad. i listen to certain music to calm me down. I listen to certain music to get me excited. i listen to certain music on sundays. Every song on my iPod has it's place. I'm so glad i listen to good music, because i kind of feel like it's making me a better person. I'm so glad i have Tanner to just play the piano for me whenever i'd like him too. One of these days, i'm going to record it & put it on here for everyone to listen to. Truly amazing. Not an understatment.
xoxo,
A

No comments: