Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Welcome to the jungle!"

if you didn't know this already, i have a job. a job that i love. seriously, i love it there. yes, i've already asked to be cut early, but that doesn't count as dislike. i work at pita jungle on val vista & williams field. if you're ever hungry, i highly suggest this place. there's always tons of people there & the atmosphere is fantastic. the way i describe it? walking into a coldplay song. the colors, the art on the walls, & the plants just all go together in a way that's so laid back, it just works.
i'm not lying when i say this, but i seriously have the best coworkers possible. everyone is so nice to me! kimmee, the girl who trained me the first day, is so incredibely cute & sweet. she runs track & cross just like me, so we connected super quickly. then i met kirsten. she's the only one there that's my exact age. sophomore, just turned 16, etc. she makes me laugh all the time! also, her style is to die for. i want to dress like her. and vanessa. she's a hostess. she's kind of sassy to the boy coworkers, but then she just laughs at herself. it makes her extremley likeable. basically everything she wears comes from anthro. she's my inspiration for future style choices. then we have chucky. he trained me the 2nd day. basically, he was a 22 year old trapped inside a 17 year old's body. he's really 22, but he looks 17. maybe younger. he asked me, "how old do you think i look?" i felt kind of bad, so my response was, "you really wanna know? 17.." he laughed & said he got that all the time, so he didn't really care. he reminded me a lot of my old friend clave, but a little bit more awkward. on my 3rd day, i met bret. with one 't'. ha, inside joke. is it bad that i think on of my coworkers is a cutie? because he is. he wears this hat that makes it look like he's from the newsies. i mean, who doesn't love the newsie boys? let's get real here. anyways, he's super easy to get along with. he's super friendly & obviously doesn't have a trouble making conversation with people he barely knows. he is an inspiring filmer. as in, makes movies. his stuff looks great, from what i've seen! seriously, impressive. then there's dave. he's 36 & works at pita jungle. i always think he's like 20, but he's not. he's flippin' 36 & he's hilarious beyond belief. his clothing choices just make the whole staff laugh! i love him. he's always telling me i'm doing a good job, even when i mess up. it's kind of nice to have some reassurance.
that's basically the staff i've been working with. minus a few. but those are the few i've really gotten to know & i love them all seriously so much. i'm hardly ever bored at work, & if i am, i just go & talk to one of them. they're all super nice & i know i got extremley lucky working with such great people!
i haven't gotten my schedule yet, but once i do, i'll definitely post it so you guys can come in & visit me ;)
{A}

2 comments:

Alexis C. said...

Just ate Pita Jungle last night...I need to go into your store and see your sexy little self! Miss youuuuuuuuuuuuu! love you!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

HI! PITA JUNGLE IS MY FAVORITE PLACE ON THIS ENTIRE PLANETTTT! THANKFULLY, they have one in Flagstaff where I live. Otherwise, I'd have to move. Good for you for working there!!
-Jacquie