Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ironman Mama!

Currently it is 10:33.
This morning I woke up at 6. Mom & Dad are already gone for the race. Amy Demke (moms bff) comes & picks up & takes us to Tempe Town Lake. We get there, meet up with my dad. Team Tucker had arrived! Waiting anxiously, we see the Pro's start off on their swim. As the 'average joes' (I like to call them) get into the water, I spot my mom RIGHT UNDER THE BRIDGE! We screamed & tried to get her attention, but it didn't happen. Haha. She looked so cute in her pink cap!
As we wait for the pro's to get a little bit farther ahead & for the average joes to start, the annoucncer came over the speakers. He tried to get the spectators pumped up by saying things & playing songs. And after he got the spectators pumped, he turned to the racers. This was truly inspirational. He yells into the microphone, "Who's ready to have a day of dreams?!" And as soon as those words flew out of his mouth, all the small swimmers under the bridge yell! It was the most awesome thing EVER. It was like they were going to war. Probably one of the coolest things in life I've yet do see/hear. I got a little teary-eyed. Super awesome experience!
After seeing my mom transition from the swim to the bike, we came home. As we were walking out, we looked into Tempe Town lake & they're were still HUNDREDS of people swimming. We look down & cheer them on for a minute & while we cheer them on, I just think...Wow, my mom is beating all these people! 1 hour & 12 minutes for her swim. SHE'S DOING AWESOME!

Currently it is 2:54. We just got back from seeing my mom for the second time on her bike. She has done 3 loops on her bike on the beeline. While we waited & watched, we saw an old man who looked identicial to Grandpa Funk. Amy & I got a little teary-eyed again. He topped the day off on awesomeness right there!
We watched her loop twice which was super cool. She had a smile on her face every time we saw her. She is so strong. She looked GREAT! She's on her last loop right now. After this, she will start her 26 mile run or marathon! Seriously....my mom rocks! She's gonna do awesome. Hopefully she drops a little time off of her PR (personal record.) 2.4 mile swim in a lake, 112 miles on the BeeLine. Dedication right there man.
The best thing about my mom is even if she goes slower than her Florida Ironman, she will be SO proud of herself. She always looks on the bright side of everything. She is super optimistic. Another reason I wanna be JUST LIKE HER! Awh, its going to be emotional as she crosses the finish line. I'll keep you posted.

OH! Almost forgot to tell you about our super ultra fabulous 'Team Tucker' shirts. These are temps. We're making the cute ones right this very minute actually! They're gonna turn out super cute. I'll definately capture that shot at the finish line. Right now its 72 degrees outside. Finish is gonna be pretty chilly. Amy says we're all required to wear jeans with our shirts. Its gonna be pretty dang cute! This is going to be an emotional night for me. I can already tell....Team Tucker will keep you posted on super hero Lorie Rosella Funk Tucker. We do love our IronMama!

JUST IN: Finished her 112 mile bike with a time of 6 hours & 32 minutes. Almost done Mom!

Currently it is 6:13 PM Monday night. My mom completed her ironman race last night. She swam 2.4 miles in the tempe town lake in an hour & 12 minutes. She rode 112 miles on her bike in 6 hours & 32 minutes. She ran a 26 mile marathon in 5 hours & 30 minutes. She went a little bit slower than her Ironman in Florida, but this course was alot harder. We're still SO amazed that she finished! That's awesome! Overall her time was 13 hours & 19 minutes of constant workout. Imagine that, NOT STOPPING FOR 13 HOURS?! Now that is awesome!
I am so lucky to have a mom who can do something she love, but still have time for her kids. She's so dedicated & determined with her training. She gets up at 4:30 every morning. Then around 12, she drives out to ASU & swims there. She sets the best example for us. She's awesome! Im so glad to have that cute little girl as my mom. She inspired me so so so much yesterday. As soon as im 18, Im doin' that thing. Its gonna be hard, but if my mom is right there with me, I can do it. All i need is her support & it will be GREAT!

Mom, your awesome! I loved watching you race. You did freakin' awesome! I had such an eventful day watching you & I loved it! Even though Scott gotta run across the finish line, I expect to nex time....in Florida. Hah, Im coming with you! You are an inspiration to many. Congrats! "Lorie Tucker; A stay at home mom, A stay at home Ironman!"

I love you My Ironmama!
A

2 comments:

Julie said...

Abbsters! I am glued to my computer, watching the results come in. Your mom is AMAZING!!!!! Ironman.com says your mom finished the swim in 1hour 12 minutes 27 seconds so you better edit your post. She did way better than 1hour 54 minutes. I think 1:54 was her pace. Go Lorie!

Julie said...

Were you facing the sun when you took this pic? haha! You and Amy are the only ones looking since you have shades on. I love the poster! And I love Scott-O's shoes!