Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Here's the DL.

i got a job.
i'm going to start nannying for a family in my ward 3 days a week for 2-3 hours a day. i'm really excited about it, because it's going to be completely different than working at pita jungle, which is nice to have a change.
the family i'm nannying for is one of my family's good family-friends, so i think it'll be a really good, fun, and teachable experience for me. however, i'm nervous because if i'm not good at this, how can i be good at being a mom? oh wait, i can't! this is make it or break it people.
so today is my first day. i start at 4. so i really should get going. wish me luck!
{A}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wouldn't worry about not being good at it! We're young! Growing up, i hardly ever babysat becasue, honestly, i had better things to do! i was involved in stuff and i didn't have time to go take care of kids. I'm not baby hungry, and i'm not a kid expert. But that doesn't mean i wont be a good mom, it means i'm not ready to be a mom. plus, you can't be an expert till you're actually a mother. ka ching! but i think you'll be GREAT!!!

Alisha said...

Hey Abbey. I love reading your blog and so what if I was blog stalking and found you...I figured it was ok since we were in anatomy together. hahaha.anyway I also nanny for my best friend's neices. It's a really difficult job and I'm sure it is different for different families but I love it so much. If you're bad at it though it doesn't mean you're not gonna be a great mom. Plus, these aren't even your kids. And like Brooke said, no girl knows what it's like to be a mother until she's actually been one. Even then i'm sure they just wing it.