Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodbye Junior Year.

wow. junior year is over. i'm going to be a senior. and then i'm going to be graduated. i remember being in 6th grade and going out to recess and talking to my friends about graduating high school and how far away it seemed. i really am trying to grasp how fast it's gone by, but i can't. it's sort of crazy how young i feel at such an important milestone in my life.
so much has happened this year. i think the summer between sophomore and junior year is when i had my biggest 'transformation.' i changed in so many ways. i changed in so many ways this school year. don't get me wrong, i'm still me..but just a little better, in my opinion.
my junior year came with a lot of experiences. some good, some bad, but i definitely benefitted from all of them. this year, my testimony was tested, yet grew stronger than it's ever been. my friends taught me so much..i can't even begin to tell you all the things they've done for me.
i've made such good relationships with my friends and family over this past year that i'm having a hard time even remembering what my life was like before them. i had a boyfriend, things didn't end the way i would've liked, but i probably learned more from him than anyone else this year. however, i have a new one and it's going great. it's long distance, but i'm happy. he makes me happy. i changed groups of friends, which gave me a huge load off of the typical high school drama. i tried harder than i ever have in school, even though my grades aren't showing that. i went to a lot of games and cheered until i had no voice left. i tried to have a whole new appreciation for my family. i feel like we've grown closer as we've gotten older. we all seem able to relate to one another more. even though my sister is getting married and won't be moving back to arizona any time soon, we're going to have an amazing summer together as a family.
i wanted to look back on my junior year and have something positive to say about it. and you know what? i think i accomplished that. although high school has never been something i've enjoyed, i think junior year wasn't as bad as predicted. my life is going in a good direction and i'm really happy about how far i've come.
overall, this post is sort of cheesey and has zero to no importance, but i'd just like to say thank you for those people who played a significant role in my junior year. i'm really looking forward to walking with my class at graduation this next year. class of 2012, it's our turn.
{A}

No comments: