Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Meet

Our first meet of the season was against Smith & Hendrix.
Of course, Stapley totally dominated! Girls won with 79 points. Smith had 39. Hendrix had 29. Basically, we ruled over everyone!
I had so much fun being with all the girls on the bus there and back. I ran the mile & was in the 400M Relay. The 400M is definitely the hardest race I've EVER done in my whole life! One lap doesn't seem like much, but when you are sprinting the whole time, its EXTREMLEY hard!
I got 3rd place for my school in the mile putting me in about 6th place. I haven't been training with distance in about 2 weeks, so I should start too tomorrow. Huckleberry says I have the potential to be one of the fastest milers in our school which makes me extremley happy!
This was a tri-meet, meaning there was 3 schools there. The meet lasted about 3-4 hours. Long meet! I loved it though. Spending time with my friends in 9th grade was so much fun.
Overall, I love being apart of Stapley track 2009 and I'm definitley looking forward to the next meet!
CONGRATS LADY CATS! You guys did so good!
"Don't visualize the race, visualize the outcome." Those very words came from my mom & its how we won the race. Thanks mom, dad, & Grandma Funk for coming all the way out there for so long! I loved having your support!
GOOD JOB SABERCATS! We did what we set out to do(:
love love,
A

1 comment:

Ally said...

you did so awesome! i just love my cute cute twin!