Saturday, June 5, 2010

Owwie.

i get hurt WAY too often. not kidding. i've probably broken more bones in my body than the number of letters a missionary writes. no joke. i have something disasterous happen every single year. usually twice. i try to stay pretty safe during the summer, but nope..didn't work out.
i went to cross country practice on thursday & during my run, my arch in my left foot started to hurt more & more as i kept running. at the end of my run, i was basically hobling. i looked retarded to say the least. anyways, so i finished my run & asked a girl on my team what the deal was, considering she'd had the same problem previous seasons. she looks at me, with this super serious face, & says, "you'll probably be out for the whole season. that's exactly what happened to me & i ended up with a stress fracture. i'm sooo sorry!"
no exaggeration, i wanted to ball my eyes out right then. yeah my foot hurt, but this was the worst news i'd ever heard. honestly, i think it might be a simple sore foot, well..i lied..that's what i'm hoping it is. it was a pain i've never had though, so we'll see what the doctor says on tuesday. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!
disater numero dos. i went long boarding last night with some of my friends, & i thought i could handle more than i could. so i said, "i'm ready for the big hill!" we get to the top & i look down absolutely stoked to bomb down it. of course, all the boys try to freak me out & say that no girl has gotten down without totally killing herself..which kind of made me nervous, but i just thought i could prove them wrong. anywho, so i go down the hill fine & my friend, carson, yells out the car window that the steepest part is about to come. the hill levels out so, you kind of have a break. but as i see the steep part, i'm just like, "psh, no big deal.." then i notice how it REALLY gets steep. super duper steep. like, i dunno how to stop on something this steep. i got going so fast & as i was getting closer & closer to the bottom, i notice it pulled out into a busy road. so unless i wanted to get hit by a car, i had to get off before the end. so being stupid me, i didn't hear what carson said & just thought i could basically jump off. NOT A GOOD CALL. i barrell rolled about 20 feet. my bored went flying out from under me. i stood up immediately which was dumb, because i can tell that it made me more hurt, now. anyways, i looked at my knee first. my favorite pair of true religions were ripped wide open at the knee. my cords too! i was so sad..then i looked at my fingers & hands which were probably the worst. my pointer finger on my right hand is totally sliced open. legitimentally, sliced open. it was gushing everywhere! looked at my left arm, had some gnarley roadrash on my elbow, then kind of felt a burning feeling on my shoulder. tried moving my shirt & sure enough, my shoulder has some nasty, gushing roadrash--by the way, i can barely move my shoulder. it kills!
word from the wise: don't do more than you can handle.
{A}

1 comment:

Ivy said...

abby I somehow found your blog and I love it. I should let you know that I will probably be stalking it from now on.