Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lemme Tell You Somethin',

if you know me well, you know i get really excited about when one of my siblings or relatives accomplishes something hard. i'm not going to sugar coat it: i like to brag about my family. don't get the wrong idea; i know they aren't perfect..but they are perfect for me. this weekend, my mom and my younger sister totally kicked butt.
my mom ran in the boston marathon. if you don't know what that is, you've fallen off the face of the earth. that's like the national varsity race, basically. i really wish i could've been there with her, but she took her mom instead. one of the passions my mom and i share is running. yeah, i'm not that great at it, and she'll say the same thing about herself {but if you're running in the boston marathon, you're pretty much an a** kicker at running}, but my mom seriously is my biggest inspiration for my sport. she's so determined and has so much integrity, it's unbelievable. the first thing she said to me when she was done was, "i want to come back in a few years and watch you run." that made me so happy, no body can even comprehend it.
as for my younger sister rachel, she is my hero. she is so diligent with her sport. like my mom, she dedicates so much time to improving and i just wish i was as driven as them. rachel competed in the regional gymnastics meet this weekend. she did so good. she placed 8th overall, so she's going to the next meet, westerns, where she'll compete with girls from all across the western half of the united states. seriously, she is so good. i remember when she was just a little level 4, now she's borderline level 10. baffling. i wish i could do half the things she does.
well, there you have it folks. my family is way cooler than yours, just for those reasons.
love,
{A}

1 comment:

lorie said...

Aw, thanks Abs. Love you.