Thursday, December 25, 2008

Best Day!

So to get the main point of this post, I just better say it right off the bat.
Today was the best ski day of my whole life!
It seems weird that one day can make your whole career in skiing. I've skiied since I was about 2 & this is definitley the best day I have ever expeirenced! We woke up this morning for Christmas around 6:30 & it was snowing so hard! Completely white outside. No one was going out today. Not even the dads!!! The snow was coming down so hard & it was extremley windy.
We got our Christmas shpeel over with & then relax for awhile. Around 9:30, the dads decide to head out into the abyss. Seriously, the snow is coming so hard! It was the definition of White Christmas for sure. They came in around 11. They said it was great. With all that fresh, fresh snow all they said was great? I thought about it for a little & then I was like....well, those boys have seen the best snow out there when they helicopter ski. So basically great was an understatment for 14 year old girls who have never heli skiied in their whole life.
The guys didn't go back out till a few hours later. 2 oclock, I look outside & say to myself, Im gonna do this! Lolo, my friend who skiies, says that this was the best day she's ever skiied in her life.
I was definitley going out now!
I went back out at 2 with the dads. No other kid or parent went out today. Just Me, Martin, & my dad. BOY WAS IT GREAT! The powder was crazy high. Im talkin' almost 2 feet. Easily 2 feet, what am I saying. It was insane! I loved it! If it keeps snowing like it is now, I am definitely gonna catch some early z's tonight. I WANT MORE FRESH POWDER!
Its not 4:45 & the snow hasn't slowed down ONE BIT! We're totally snowed in. The plows have maybe came twice today. We literally cannot go anywhere. I always thought that being snowed in would be fun, definitely not. Its alright, lots of family time on Christmas! Which by the way, Christmas was great this year. Spending it with the Nichols was awesome! Love those guys.
To sum everything up for just this one day, BEST SKI DAY & CHRISTMAS I'VE HAD SO FAR!
love love,
A

P.S. SO excited to see Colton, Dallin, & JJ! They're coming up Saturday. Hope the snow doesn't stay too long!

No comments: