Tuesday, December 23, 2008

COLD.

Today I went skiing for the first time of MY season.
Got lots of powder last night & its still snowing. 48 hours straight!
So far, I am lovin' Utah! The cold weather is not the absolute greatest, but it beats AZ's hot weather by a long shot. I love walking in the snow and feeling like Im on clouds. Its fantastic up here! Lately, its just been super cold. I dont know if I can handle it for much longer.
I got 14 runs in today & I am done! I am so sore from lifting yesterday that skiing just doesn't feel super great today. Haha. On my 12th run, I had my iPod in & I was on the lift. I didn't really like the song that was playing, so I'd figure I would change it.
BAD IDEA!
I took off my glove & so I was just in my liners when I changed the song. I go back to put on my glove & ITS NOT THERE! Its snowing right now & its so dang cold. Being on the lift is the coldest part of all, so you can imagine how numb my hand is getting. I get off the ski lift & keep my hand in my pocket so it kinda stays warm. Yeah...didn't really work out for me. Anyways! Im going right under the lift looking & looking & I can't find it anywhere. I went to the area where I thought I might have dropped it. I look for freakin' 20 minutes in the snow with ice cold hands & STILL can't find my glove. By this point, I was about to give up. My hand & finger nails were purple. SO COLD! So I try going up the lift one more time to see if I can find it & I finally see it pushed off to the side of the run like hanging on a tree.
I got it & went home. Took a 30 minute bath and held hand warmers in my hands for 15 minutes. The color in my hand is some what back to normal, but its still pretty red.
That expeirence was waaaaay to cold for me!
Tonight, The Nichols & my family drive down to Salt Lake & meet up with our favorite, ASLETTS! I am so dang excited to see them. I haven't seen them in forever! We're going to see Temple lights & go to Buco De Beppo. Gonna be a good night! I hope I dont freeze to death.
love love,
A

No comments: