Saturday, July 25, 2009

Especially For Youth

My EFY expeirence was definitely different this year...I had signed up rooming with my sister, Rachel. This meant, I was planning on her being my roommate. Well, apparently I was 16 this year, so I ended up being in the older group. Ages 16 to 18.

Even though Im the least shy one in my family, it was extremley hard going to EFY with knowing absolutely NO ONE! I seriously was so nervous to meet my company & not have anyone to sit by, but luckily, my friend Jeff Chapman, was in my company! I knew him & no one else. He went to my junior high for 7th & 8th grade, so I was definitely lucky. He now goes to Highland High, in Gilbert which is about 20 minutes away from Mountain View. So Im happy I gotta get caught up with him.

I thought this year wasn't going to be fun at all not knowing anyone, but I was totally wrong. The year I don't know anyone, ends up being the best year for me! I was extremley shy at first, but then I got to my normal, crazy, humerous self...everybody loved me for me. EFY seriously brings out the best in everyone. I love it there.
I had a great session director. Although he wasn't my absolute favorite, I still loved him. His name was Brother Toma. Not only did he do an excellant job at directing the session, but he had an amazing voice! He was the best singer I heard that whole week, not kidding.
I love going to classes, because I was with my whole entire company every minute. This was the first year I didn'tbreak off from my company during classes time. We all were together constantly...except for one girl. Her boyfriend came the same week as her, so she chose him over us. It was a little bit of a let down, but what can you do? haha.
My company & I became so close this year. There were 19 girls & 10 boys. 8 of those boys live in AZ. 2 of them go to Mountain View, my school. The other 6 go to Highland, which, as I said earlier, is about 20 minutes away. So, in other words, I get to keep in touch with my EFY friends for the first time EVER! I seriously got so lucky. I am the only girl from AZ in my company, except one other who lives in Tucson...so all the girls in my company were jealous that I had all the boys to myself.
I had the most inspiring counsler yet. Her name was Steph. She recently converted to the church 2 years ago. Her story of conversion was amazing to listen. She taught me how important it is to be an example because everyone around you is watching. She was the best example of a believer that week. She changed my life.

Overall, I had the best EFY expeirence this year & I wouldn't have traded it for the whole world. I loved my company! I strongly encourage you to go without knowing anyone & it literally makes your EFY expeirence so much better. It made me stronger, 'nuff said. I have the strongest testimony of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints & I can never picture my life without it.
I loved EFY & everyone I met there. Thank you for the best week of my life everyone! Also, I loved learning sign language. The ASL (American Sign Language) week is by far the best week to go to.
love love,
A

1 comment:

Aysa said...

Thanks for posting this! Im going to YC during ASL week this year and now im totally excited! Was it hard to learn sign language though?
-Ace