Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The DL

you want the down low? 'cause if you didn't know what DL stood for, its down low. anywaaaaaaays! Today we had school off because of Veterans Day. I mean, i would've probably rather had a monday of a friday off...but its nbd.
So i've been doing alot of stuff recently! Im back in cross--yes the season is not technically over. I have an opportunity to drive to california with my team & run in nationals. do i want it bad? HECK YES I DO! these next 4 weeks have a busy training schedule. I can just say im going to be mad if my parents don't make their decision about me going until last minute...because that means 4 weeks of training for nothin'. week one: ultimate frisbee. i know what some of you are thinking--there is no way this is a cross country workout, well yes it is. every time someone scores, you have to sprint a lap on the track. its gets so tiring! week two: half frisbee, half running. week three: intense! intense! intense! intense! training. and yes, the intense part NEEDS to be emphisized. week four: regular training, then slowly but surely recover. big race the following weekend. ah! Sounds like a dang good 4 weeks.
Im slooooowly but surely starting my 10-hour project. Im tieing (tying?) blankets for the humaitarian center. lots & lots of blankets. its cutie for sure though. i will be so happy once this project is finished, ha. woops?
Something else? I've been doing alot of hanging out with friends recently. I basically make a new friend every week. its awesome! dallin & i are still close, but his football is getting in the way. grrr. i've been hanging out with one of my bff's alot lately. Madison Shannon Whitegirl. She's a total babe machine. she makes me so happy. her & kami are seriously my go-to people now that brooklyn is gone.
ok! just remembered something totally funny. Ok, so i am not super good at volleyball. ok, ok, ok. Im not going to lie, im pretty darn horrible actually. Going to volleyball for young women's has never been my thing. my mom doesnt make me go even though she's in young women's. yes, i am that bad. Anywho! I went to Falcon Field (for those of you who know Mesa) and played with all of my new senior friends. This means i was playing with: Tyler Johnson, Jake Cooley, Jenna Allen, Reece Scurr, Courtney somethin', Andrew Hollis, Trevor Larsen, Jordan MclCllen, Jessica Glauser, Lauren Reynolds, Tyson Lane, etc. Most of the boys who were here play for mountain view's volleyball team. so yes, it gets ultra competitive. I was on Trevor, Jake, Tyson, David, & Lauren's team. Basically--bad idea. the boys gave me the nick name 'black hole'. Every time it would come near me, it would either hit the sand because i thought it was going to hit my face & would dodge it, or it would get hit totally 100 miles away. behind us. as in...not over the net. embarrassing? forsurrrrre. it was such a bummer because our team suffered in the tournament this week. Lauren & I were basically the biggest lost 'causes they've seen. awh, whatevs. it was fun. Jake wore his diaper from halloween. most hilarious thing ever! we had a team cheer for when we did score (WHICH DID HAPPEN! some times) and everyone would jump up & stick their butt in the center & yell "ACCCCCCE!" hah, good times playing volleyball. I will definitely be there next week kiddos.

abby.out.

No comments: