Thursday, February 3, 2011

Barefoot.

next week is my birthday, one week from today. i'm not coming onto my blog to tell you all this, but i am going to tell you what i got because i'm really excited about it.
i've been reading this book called, 'born to run' and it's really good. if you're even midly interested in running when your older or even now, i suggest you read it. if this book doesn't get you motivated to run marathon after marathon, i don't know what will.
it's about this tribe in mexico who are ultrarunners: people who run 100mile+ marathons. they set world records and are all vegetarian. they mostly live on pinole beer, beans, and pita bread.
the best part about them? they run these marathons, BAREFOOT. yeah, you read that right..without shoes! i've done my fair share of running barefoot and i love it, but this just gave me the extra reassurance on what i needed to do with my birthday gift. so i asked for some vibrum fivefingers. for those of you who don't know what they are, they're a running shoes. they basically look like "your foot was dipped in ink". they fit every one of your toes and are snug to your top and arch in your foot. they're meant for you to run like you're barefoot.
the human race was meant to run barefoot. a lot of people disagree, but i do not. i'm going to do myself a favor and stop tearing up my body and start running with these vibrums all.the.time. i'm really excited about!
{A}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm i am SO STOKED about this. i fully support it. I went barefoot for the first 3 weeks of school. People say its gross or whatever, but i think its fine! We ran around barefoot forever when we were kids, right? so whats changed? we're bigger? running barefoot down my street was the best feeling ever. i love it.

Unknown said...

Hey, a friend of mine has those things! They're pretty dang cool, not gonna lie!

Marilyn said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog. So tell me, how are your vibrum shoes? I'm a runner - in fact, I ran my first half marathon today - and I've heard a lot of good things about them. Do you recommend running/racing in them?